1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to a Coworker?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jguy365, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Jguy365

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As I have expressed countless times here on this website, I have been fighting a constant losing battle trying to decide what my sexuality is. I am not straight. Me being straight is out of the question. Still, though, I have been having the hardest time deciding whether or now I was bisexual or gay. Well, today at work...
    This really cute guy came by and talked to one of my coworkers. (He was shirtless. The guy, not my coworker.) All I wanted to do was look, and I thought about how cute he looked. I got that fizzy feeling inside. You know? I have never ever ever felt that with a girl but have felt it time and time again with guys. I have to face it. I'm almost 19. If I have never felt any attractions towards girls but have towards men, why would I start now? I am gay. That's fine.

Story time is over. Now here's my question.

He is probably going to join my job site. If he does, should I come out to him? Unlike the rest of my coworkers who are 10+years older than me, he is my age. I've kind of promised myself to tell any new people I meet about my sexuality so I don't have to worry about hiding it...but I'm afraid that it will make for an awkward environment if I tell him. I feel like he might be shy around me or not want to be around me because he will think that I am thinking about him, or that I might flirt. Trust me on this. I am not a flirt. Still, though, he doesn't know that. I just don't want to ruin my chances of being friends with him. I was feeling lonely because many of my friends are gone at college now and, as I mentioned, my coworkers are considerably older than me. Should I tell him?

2. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Friends first, then after you feel him out to see if he is homophobic, you can decide whether you want to come out to him or not. Meanwhile, enjoy the shirtless view. :eusa_danc

3. wolf of fire

Become friends, find out if homophobic, bring up at good time.

4. TylerTD

Become friends. If you find out he's gay to, go for it, if he doesn't say, just become friends.

Also, it is fine to fantasize about straight men and any woman, Straight Guys fantasize about having sex with lesbians all the time...