1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Miles D, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Miles D

I am planning on posting this on my facebook/myspace as my transgender coming out. Let me know-- thumbs up or thumbs down??

"Sometimes, for no specific reason, I feel like I’m going to fall apart crying. Most days I don’t even want to wake up, I just want to crawl up in a ball and sleep forever. Because as soon as I wake up, I realize that I wasn’t born male. I was born in the wrong body. God made a horrible mistake that he can’t take back.

I feel mixed up, in-between, and weird. When I look in the mirror, I see someone, but I don’t really know who. When I’m alone in my dark room, I feel safe. No one is looking at me, I’m not looking at me. I am safe in my bed. As soon as I wake up in the morning, I’m not safe anymore; I have to get dressed, and look at my body, and eat breakfast, and do things that normal people do. I have to pretend that I’m normal. I’m not normal, in fact I’m far from it. I’m transgender, a boy stuck in a girl’s body. When people see me, they see a girl-- they are so wrong.

If you get right down to it, I identify as transgender. I feel as though inside, I am not a girl, but a boy. I identify with most aspects of the male gender and very few of the female gender. I want to start going by a male name, instead of Maile. Since I have been at Simon's Rock, I have going by Miles, and people have been using male pronouns. So seriously, please use male pronouns when speaking about me.

I hope that you will all try to understand what I am going through and what I am feeling. This was not a conscious decision or a hasty one. I have been questioning my gender identity for a few years now, and I finally want to be seen as the boy I feel like inside. But also don't hesitate to ask me questions- I'd rather you be informed than misinformed. And the reason that I am sharing this with all of you is because I love you, and I do care about you all. I hope this doesn't change my relationship with any of you, except for make it stronger.

Thanks for reading this! I am really glad that this is not longer a secret I am keeping to myself.

-Miles"

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really like it. I think it gets the point across really well, in a factual, heartfelt, and non-pushy manner. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. Jim1454

Sounds good to me too. Good luck.

4. Janvier

Go for it !

5. JT

JT

Well thought out and I don't see why anyone should have a problem with what you've written. Good luck!!

6. Thats really cool, you haven't over-done the subject if you know what i mean? like, you are not rubbing the way you feel about your gender identity in their faces, you are just informing them, type of thing. I don't see how this could cause any problems from the way you've written, it clearly explains how you feel, and i think you should go ahead and post it.
    Good luck, i really hope things go well for you.
    You've got to do what's right for you, and we are all proud of you for taking this step :grin:
    (*hug*)

PM me if you want to talk about anything, i am here if you want to rant, or chat or anything. And well done again.

Marie xX

7. Leigh

Leigh Guest

i think thats really great. go for it!
    and good luck!

8. Miles D

Well, I posted it last night and I got about 10 messages, basically all saying that they loved me and they support me.
    One guy who I worked with and is quite a bit older than me asked if I wished I had a penis, and my best friend of five years told me it'd be hard to adjust to the name change and he didn't know if he could do it ever. But I told him that as long as he used male pronouns that's be fine.
    (!)

So basically I'm totally amazingly happy :eusa_danc