1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I come out to my mother ?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by stocking, Aug 18, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    She's been questioning me last night about the whole church thing , that I wrote about in another thread , she's wondering why do I care so much about gay people and why should I care . I told her I support gay rights and I don't want to go to that church anymore but I'm wondering if she comes right out and ask me the are you a lesbian question .
    Should I just tell her the truth ?
    part of me wants to but the other part doesn't because she doesn't handle things well and she goes over the top with things . This morning she was talking to that pastor from the homophobic church and she kept saying I she doesn't understand me anymore and it seems like she didn't know me after all . I'm not sure but I think the pastor may have told her that he thinks I might be gay , I think if she continues to stay in contact with him it will not be good for me and I know this church will try to do some conversion crap on me , I don't know if my mom will allow it but lately she's on this we need to go to church as a family witch hunt and I'm sick of it .
    I don't know what to do and I want to prepare myself if she questions me
    should I lie to her or tell her the truth .:help:
    P.s I think my mom is in denial

2. Dakeli27

I almost always suggest coming out, but based on your other thread, I think that staying in the closet until your mother gets a job again might be smarter. Once you're not always around her, you can judge whether you could take telling her.

3. Meander

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I got to say that I agree with Dakeli on this one. Rationally, it seems that with your mother being in denial (and still in contact with that church), coming out to her may add more fuel to the fire. It seems as if the best option is to wait until you are living on your own. That way, she cannot cripple you if she disowns you.

However, it is also important to note that I am not in your shoes, Stocking. If you feel that now is the right time to come out, then do so. If not, wait until the time is right.

4. YaraNunchuck

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    (*hug*) I strongly agree with Dakeli and Meander above ^^.

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm going to take everyone's advice, I'm not going to come out to her, I'll just lie and say I'm straight.:confused: if she finds dildos in my room that will convince her she doesn't think lesbians can use those or a box if condoms.

6. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    that would be best, in my opinion, it isn't in your interest to explode and already bad and volatile situation.

all the best sweetie(*hug*)