1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i know if i come out i wont be accepted.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mattx, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Mattx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay so my whole family has already expressed they don't like gays lesbians etc. I want them to know how I really feel but I'm scared my mom will kick me out any advice?

2. RainbowMan

My advice is to be safe. If you realistically think that your mom might kick you out of the house (and you're still living with your parents), then I'd wait until I was financially independent and sure that I had a roof over my head at night to come out.

I know that it sucks, but your safety is the priority here.

On the other hand, I've also seen stories about parents that were homophobic that had AMAZING reactions to their children coming out - making an "exception" for the people closest to them in their lives. I however wouldn't bet on this, and if you have serious concerns about your safety, wait.

What makes you think that your parents will kick you out? What have they said, or is it just a general dislike of gay and lesbian folks?

3. Mattx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    They just don't like the whole lgbt thing I'm only 14 but I'm ready to tell them but I don't think they are ready to know

4. Dakeli27

Especially since you're still just curious, I suggest waiting, preferably until you're financially independent, but at least until you have a more solid picture of your sexuality. People tend to react more severely to curious people than to bi- or pansexuals.

5. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wait until your sure of yourself or else they would think you need a therpy to be cured out of your phase
    Happened with me had to lie that i have been praying more and started to forget all those feelings
    How fool stright people are sometimes when it comes to us-.-