1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my friend last night...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Csp1993, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Csp1993

Csp1993 Guest

It has turned out to be the most classic representation of "easier said than done". It was my first time telling a guy. I didn't even have to start the conversation; he knew something was bugging me. It was over a text by the way. It was pretty much my only option. Anyways, I asked him what he thought it was that was bothering me. He listed off a few things; one of them being that I was gay. I told him he was kind of right.

He eliminated the choices that were obviously incorrect and actually said "You're bisexual, aren't you?" I didn't reply as fast as I had with everything else. I completely blanked and had no idea what to say. A little while later he said, "Obviously that has to be it since you're not answering." I told him it was and he surprisingly didn't say a word about it. This guy has been my friend since I can remember.

He's also had a crush on me since we've met and he's asked me out just about monthly. Instead of validating that I came out to him, he said "so now I have half the chance I did have." I couldn't tell you how hard I rolled my eyes. I avoided answering those questions and that's all he kept texting me the rest of the night: "so how much of a chance do I actually have?"

Besides that, I actually got really irritated with myself. I made a goal for myself this year that was to be publicly out. I said that if anyone asked I would gladly say I am bisexual. However, I couldn't even say it directly over a text! When am I going to be comfortable saying it?!

2. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dont worry. It will come. But to take the leap, you've got to take the baby steps. That was a good start. You might think that its not, but it is. You didnt say no. That is always a positive. you could have just said no, and then you would still not be out to him, because eventually, hed have to drop the subject. You do have to keep an open mind though. Thinking like that is going to get you nowhere. just think of the positive things. like that u didnt say no. like that u are out to him now. I wish u luck. make sure to keep us updated on everything