1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh whatever I'll just do it.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Skaros, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm going to tell all my friends about my sexual orientation, and I've decided to stop waiting for "when they ask me", because it's clear I probably won't get asked again. They keep making jokes about me and another friend being a couple, she's a girl, and I kinda wanna just put an end to that shipping because I really just think of her as a friend. Oddly enough, she used to think I'm gay, and I used to think she was a lesbian. Now that it's clear one of us is right, I want to just get it over with. Today, I'm hanging out at the mall with them, and I want a good chance to just say it. I want them to be talking about LGBT people before I come out.

Any tips on what I can say or how I can say it? I'd feel pretty awkward because there will be like 6 of us today, and I've only ever told 1 person at a time. Only 2 people know, and I'm prepared to tell a lot more people.

Also, yesterday we walked by my crush and I realized that I really want them to know how I felt about him. They seemed to kinda know him, but I'm fine with them knowing who I like.

#1 Skaros, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  2. NDark

I was pretty excited when I was coming out to my friends so I just blurted it out. I was like, "Guess what? I'm bisexual!" and they just believed me. Sometimes, it's okay to just say it out of the blue – maybe you're talking about ice cream when you just say it. I guess it depends on your personality. If random is your thing, then go for the funny approach. If not, then just give them the, "Guys, there's something I need to tell you." Don't sweat it – coming out will come naturally to you after some time. There's no point in worrying since you'll have to tell them eventually.

3. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish you luck, for when you do come out. If you want to just get them talking about LGBT people, you might want to ask them if they know about some lgbt celebrity that came out, and just get them talking about the LGBT poeple that they know about. If you want to give some subtle hints at first, you could tell them about people that you know about, that they dont. That way, you can kinda get an idea of how they might react to you. Then a little while later, While there talking about something else, after a pause in the conversation, you could tell them. It might help. I dont know though. I just did a totally random like and blurted it out to everyone.