1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well, that's that.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Heretic ZyX, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Heretic ZyX

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok, I've basically given up. I just don't have the guts to call child services because no matter how much I think I hate my parents there's still that tiny bit of love I have for them and making that call would destroy them, my mom would certainly kill herself and the last thing I need is her blood on my hands. My dad, well he'd go back to abusing drugs non-stop and probably O.D. or something which yet again would be my fault. I've done everything I could think of, talking to them just leaves me feeling unaccomplished because I know nothing is going to change.

I'd like to thank everyone here for their wonderful advice and kindness, it was comforting if nothing else.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The option is always there, should you choose to take it. And I again urge you to take it.

If your decision is made, I have nothing more to add.

Lex

3. Noah

Ok, obviously you blame yourself a bit too much in this situation. If your Dad Ods, it's his fault not yours. If your Mom commits suicide, its her fault and not yours. You're in a dangerous situation at home. At least tell some local friends whats going on, and maybe stay with them.

4. Sam

Sam

When will you turn 18? Maybe you can stay with a friend or other family member until then?

5. Nova713

Nova713 Guest

This is a very delicate situation. Five years ago, my cousin (16 at the time) called child services on her mother for beating on her little brother. Fast forward to today, she says it was the best move to help out not only herself, but her two little brothers as well. She and her one brother now live with my grandparents and the other brother live with my aunt and uncle.

I honestly do think there was still some love there, but my cousin does not regret the action that she took. This is just one story that turned out alright. I can't tell you what to do. The decision is ultimately yours to make. Should things become really hostile, take action. If not for yourself, then for your siblings. Best of Luck.

6. Gumtree

If you think it would be your fault you're wrong.

Outright incorrect.

Your parents have a choice, just the same as you have the choice to tell them or not.