1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

results day

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by wolf of fire, Aug 19, 2014.

1. wolf of fire

I'm getting my GCSE results back on Thursday and am thinking if I do well shall I come out? Any suggestions would be good.

2. Derivative

Derivative Guest

Good luck with your GCSE results :slight_smile:

If you feel ready to come out now, then go for it!

All the best.

3. Ryujin

Good luck with your GCSEs!
    If you don't mind me asking, what did you take?

Also, if you feel like it's the right time to come out, then good luck to ya!

4. Carlgustav

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    As the other said, good luck. But I don't understand why coming out should be tied to the results of a school test. You should come out when you are ready.

5. Candace

Good luck with everything! Come out when you feel like you're ready, regardless of what the test results are. The GCSE shouldn't determine that. You should! :slight_smile:

6. BethLauren

If you feel comfortable doing that, then do it! You can come out whenever you're ready and its safe to do so! If that's on results day (a day when I'm sure you'll have tons of reason to celebrate anyway... Good luck!) then go for it. If not, then that's fine to. It's totally up to you. Good luck!

7. wolf of fire

Thanks for the advice, I took geography, history and business studies as well as the compulsory subjects. I'm choosing then because hopefully it will overshadow it and won't seem as much.

8. Pax

Pax

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Good luck with your results!

You have to come out when it feels like the right time. If that is later this week, then great. If not, that's fine too. I would suggest just not putting too much pressure on yourself to do it at a particular point. Waiting for GCSE results can be pretty stressful so you'll want to be careful not to burden yourself with too much extra stress, at least until after you have opened that envelope and seen your grades! :slight_smile:

9. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck for your results tomorrow! If you feel as though you are ready to come out then do it. But there's honestly no rush. Do it when it feels right for you!

P.s. Try and get some sleep tonight. I know how nerve wracking it is. Concentrate on the the results for now then see how you feel about coming out after and whether it's right to do so or not :slight_smile:

Best of luck!

10. calgary

Good luck with the results. Like everyone else says come out if your ready. I will say though I find it easier to come out when your full of confidence, passing may give you that boost.