1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't Stand my Step-Dad

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Andrew, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Andrew

I just can not STAND HIM. He is seriously getting on my nerves.

Anyways.

Today, my sister got a letter saying she didn't make it in the dance company she tried out for. My sister is a very rude person and when I didn't make the traveling volleyball team. She put it in my face. So, I did the same.. Even though it was quite rude I said.. "Well you think your the best and your not.." then I get interrupted from my step-dad SCREAMING " WDF is wrong with you, you know she knows already and stop putting her down." So, I said okay.. and he screams and says goes to your room. So, I started laughing, because i don't know but something funny about this guy and say "okay". So, he comes at ME, and seems like he's ready to hit me. My mom holds him back ( he has anger management) and I just burst into laugher and he says GET YOUR A** downstairs. So, I went.. Now my sister, step-dad, and mom is ignoring me. Oh well. All I care about is my sister and mom.. I could careless about my retarded step-dad. I just can't STAND HIM. I am thinking about moving with my dad. My mom is threatening she is going to send me with my dad on Friday. I said okay..

Blah.. I just need to get away from this guy. But the only reason why I am staying with my mom is because.. She is amazing and I LOVE HER TO DEATH. Plus I like to take care of my brother and sister and I love them so much. I could never see this guy taking care of him. He has been single for his whole life and he does not know how to take care of kids.. I think its funny, because he thinks hes mr. parent. he sucks. He needs like parenting skills and stuff.

But the thing is that bothered me.. Was he was going to hit me. My dad always said that if this guy ever laid a hand on me or my brother/sister to call him up. I don't know if I should call him. I don't really want to move with my dad.. :/ But if it gets more out of hand.. When school is over I am moving.. -_-

I can't handle this anymore.. I just hope he dies..

I am in tears.. Crying in my room. :/

-Luis

2. Noah

I'm sorry dude. That sounds like a tough situation. I wouldn't call your dad until your emotions have settled down. It might just make things worse by getting another person involved. I would apologize to your sister and make nice, because you could use all the allies you can find. However, I don't see any reason to apologize to your step-dad.

3. Miles D

That was a tad mean what you did to your sister, but because of what she did to you I understand.
    And as for your step-dad, maybe you should leave to live with your dad. Sounds like a good plan to me.
    hugs!
    (*hug*)

4. Mind Freak

Well you shouldn't wish death on the guy even if he is a tool.
    Um;; really the only things you can do are a) get over it or b)move to your dad's.

Sorry!

I know its hard getting an additional parent added to the family this late but early in life;; but the hardships at home are going to make you freakishly tough which will come in handy later in life. :slight_smile:

For instance I hated my step brother from 5-8th grade he's annoying, rude, arrogant, and not very bright;; but I got accustomed to it and now I can deal with just about anyone. I still don't like him though. Lol.

5. sdc91

Erm, that was kinda mean what you did to your sister. That was wrong of her earlier, but two wrongs don't make a right.

Sorry bout your situation.

6. Mind Freak

The sister thing wasn't so nice but that's what she gets.
    Karma sucks don't it?

7. Andrew

True. But Once i Think about it.. I shouldn't of done that. Though the thing that is bothering me.. Is he tried to hit me.. :/

He will NEVER lay a hand on me or my siblings.

-Luis

8. smartguy

hitting you wouldn't make him a terrible parent (not that he should). that kind of came out wrong, but theres a difference between abuse and hitting. i mean, you laughed in his face.

^^^lol @ how evil i sound

9. Andrew

uhm. oh well. because i hate him. blah. i can't stand him. this is his quote..

"uhm all he cares about is himself" I laughed loud and went downstairs. He's stupid. :]. I just can't move out of this house. Because I love my mom and siblings :]

10. Jim1454

I'm afraid I'm going to join the chorus of people that are saying that perhaps you didn't handle that situation very well yourself...

Picking on your sister and stirring things up isn't appreciated by a parent. I can understand why he was angry. And then to have a kid laugh in your face defiantly is actually quite infuriating. To have ANYONE laugh in your face, especially when you're already angry, is VERY upsetting. Don't you think so?

If you love your mom as much as you do, then you need to have more respect for her spouse. He isn't your dad, and he'll never replace your dad. And perhaps there are issues in your house around who should do the parenting (your mom - because they are her kids) and who shouldn't do the parenting (your step-dad - because you aren't his kids). But that's something you should discuss calmly with your mom, and then she needs to discuss that calmly with her husband. It shouldn't be something that gets discussed in the heat of an ongoing argument.

YOU need to treat everyone around you with respect if you expect to be treated with respect in return. It's as simple as that.