1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to come out to a friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Samantha2014, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Samantha2014

I am meeting up with a new friend on the weekend and feel really nervous, I also feel really determined to come out to her. I like her a lot as a friend and perhaps am even attracted to her, I love spending time with her and don't get chance to nearly enough. I am tired of the people closest to me not knowing the real me and feel this could be the start of how I want things to be from now on, I need to practice letting people know me, I am very untrusting, but I don't want to keep hiding my sexuality. I hope I don't lose her as a friend, I also hope that I have enough confidence to do it.

Reading everyone's experiences on here have both spurred me on and held me back at times, I know things could go either way, but I also see from the posts on here that it sucks big time when it goes wrong but people get over it, it gives me strength to hope that I can too if it goes wrong. Thank you everyone

#1 Samantha2014, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  2. AmiBee

I think you should come out to her. It is a new friendship and you want to start it off with a chance for her to know the real you. Also, because it is a new friendship, you don't really have the history of her knowing you as a supposedly straight person.

3. Some Teen Boy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Try and make sure she has a good handle all things homosexual. Make sure she can be trusted and ask questions about homosexuality before actually telling her to make sure she won't freak out a badly as you might be expecting. If you trust in her completely and if she responds positively to ring asked about homosexuality, go ahead and tell her. Just don't dive right in because you might not get the reaction you're expecting.
    But I'm sure you'll be fine, Good Luck! :icon_bigg:eusa_clap