1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a right way?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Derivative, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Derivative

Derivative Guest

Basically I'm out to quite a few friends right now, I'm comfortable with it and they're happy that I was able to tell them.

Looking back now, being gay doesn't bother me... but I don't really want to come out to more people (I find it quite draining) but get to the stage whereas if someone asks, I'll just admit it. I don't want a public announcement about my orientation since I find it to be a private matter and if anyone wants to make a big deal about it then... well that's their issue.

I want to join an LGBT society and some people will probably find out that I am actually gay this way... Do you think I'm doing the right thing going about it this way?

Thank you :slight_smile:

2. Edra

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I would at least tell your close family before they find out some other way. Other then that its a perfectly fine way to do it. Some friends will get hurt but when they ask you can worry about it then. That is what I would suggest at least.

3. Torias

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I feel the same way. I've come out to all those who's opinions really matter to me.

As for your situation. If you have come out to all those you wish to face to face, then there really isn't a right or wrong way for everyone else to find out. As you said if anyone wants to make a big deal about it, it's their issue.

Hope that helps a bit.