1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That weird "in-between" stage...?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by confuseduser99, Aug 21, 2014.

1. confuseduser99

I've come out to some people, but I'm still partly closeted (places like work). It feels so weird. One minute I'm being my "gay" self at home, the next minute I'm this "straight" guy (even though I sometimes purposely act a little "gay").

How do you deal with being in this stage? It feels like I'm partly living a lie/hiding a big part of me. Anyone else ever been in this stage/is currently in this stage?

2. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yep. It sucks. I am still not out to most of my high school classmates. I am out to all family save 2 aunts and a cousin(male). College friends all know. It's kind of 50/50, but I know that if anyone gives me a hard time I can send the ally posse after them. I have probably about a dozen strong ones I know now. :slight_smile:

3. Socrates37

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    None of my family knows. I dont think they suspect of my gayness.
    It feels rather lonely and isolating.

7 years ago i used to hang out at a gay club in southern Ontario. Made a couple of gay friends. I came out to them and people there.

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Give it time.

When you joined this forum a few short months ago you didn't even think you would be able to come out to yourself, never mind anyone else. Now look at how far you have come. Be proud of what you have achieved in a very short space of time.

I know you are impatient to complete the jigsaw and that's understandable as time doesn't stand still, but don't push yourself too hard. I think you have made great progress and you just need to gain more confidence in yourself and others.

The main thing is to tell the important people (you've done that) - everyone else can wait until you are good and ready.

5. TomboyNeko

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm currently in this stage now :/

But "living a lie" part I had do my entire life, cuz you know, being Autistic is bad.

We'll get through it, I promise!

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm going through that too , most people on my job think I'm straight and have a boyfriend , when in reality I'm single and looking for a girlfriend . I hate every second of this and it feels like lying and I feel so terrible for not telling them the truth , but deep down I know not all of them can handle the truth .

7. confuseduser99

I guess you're right. I have come a long way since joining. I just want to get this all over with already. How long does it take until you become completely comfortable with your sexuality?

---------- Post added 22nd Aug 2014 at 07:07 AM ----------

Yeah. Most people at work think I'm straight, but I'm sure a few people have their suspicions of me that I'm gay.