1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Literally came out of the closet

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Randomcloud, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Randomcloud

Ok so...I was having a bad evening and just feeling pretty stressed and anxious and ended up in my closet (it's one of those ones with the sliding doors) kind of trying to find my chill. I live with my parents and my dad came into the room and tried to cheer me up. I just started blabbering on about every single thing that was stressing me out in my life and at one point I just blurted out that I was gay. I didn't want this to happen, I tried to tell my dad before and he wouldn't believe me so I was planning not to tell him anytime soon. Anyway he thought I was joking again till he saw how upset I was. Then he finally accepted it. And he said he didn't have a problem with it which kind of surprised me...I thought I'd be in denial. So all this happened while I was in the closet. And then I came out of it (again, literally). I thought it was funny.

He then convinced me to tell my Catholic mother (who pretty much gave me the silent treatment when I once told her I wasn't sure if I wanted children) so I was terrified about her reaction. She was weirdly okay with it...she said something ambiguous like "it's something I have to deal with, but you gotta do what you gotta do- live your life."

Idk why I'm sharing this I guess I just want to tell someone since nobody else knows I'm not straight? I did not expect this to happen so soon but it does feel like a weight off my chest. I wish being gay wasn't such a big deal!

2. Edra

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    In the future it will not be such a big deal. Its people like your self who pave the way for future generations. Also thank you for the story it was a good read.