1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out after a 2 year relationship...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by puddings, Aug 23, 2014.

1. puddings

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey guys.
    Since the age of 12/13, I have been trying to deny the fact that I am homosexual in any way... Coming up to the age of 15/16 I started to come to terms with the fact I was bisexual, still denying the fact I am gay.
    I have not long finished a 2 year relationship with a female. It all went well then the last 6 months of it, it hit me, I really do think I am gay. I wasn't particularly interested in sexual contact but loved her for her personality and stuff - till she turned but thats besides the point.

I came out as bi to a select few people that I can trust and obviously that helped me discover myself so to speak know, but thats it.

I guess what I am asking, how would you say is best to come out as being gay not long after declaring myself single?

Thanks, Jack. x:kiss:

2. Dakeli27

Truth be told, I suggest waiting a bit, otherwise people assume you left her for a boy you want to go out with, or that you say you're gay because of your relationship ending.

3. puddings

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought that myself. Thank you x

4. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i'd say just come out with the fact that you're single. you could probably hold off on telling people that you're gay if you're still questioning yourself in the process or not fully accepting yourself. if people tell you that you're gay just because of your relationship with a girl ended, just look at them with the same facial expression you give to people who still believe the earth is flat. part of having these relationships is figuring out what you want in life and what makes you happy, even if it means that you actually like men instead of women. i've met a lot of gay men that had a relationship with a woman before.

to the people you already came out to, you can always tell them that you weren't sure and in time, they will understand (that is if you're pretty sure about being gay, sounds like you're still confused, to be honest haha).sure, that kind of perpetuate the stereotypes about bisexuality, but it's better to be honest about it.

5. puddings

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to be deeply deeply confused, but the more time goes on, and the more maturer I get, the more I accept myself for who I am because I know I can't be happy unless I come to terms with who I really am.

Thank you for that x

6. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it might be considerate of you to tell the girl you broke up with that you are gay, so that she understands why it couldn't have worked out between the two of you, and it had little to do with her. When you declare yourself as gay, the rest of the people in your circle will figure it out on their own timetable.