1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nothing left to give

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bigmoney521, Sep 11, 2008.

1. bigmoney521

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I seriously have nothing left to give emotionaly right now. All of my friends are soo needy and I'm always there for them with advice support or whatever but when it comes to me I get nothing. I think I have some real issues but I can't even talk about them to my friends that I'm out to because they are always going through some crisis and it has to be about them. Im so sick of it being all about them!!!!! I just dont understand how everyone notices a diffrence in me but no one bothers to ask me how I feel but they are quick to run up to me and ask me for advice but when I ask if we can talk they are always either busy with something more important or they are having another crisis. My mother gave me the number to a counciler but I don't feel comfortable talking with some stranger about my innermost thoughts. I really need some help so some usefull advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>I can't even talk about them to my friends that I'm out to because they are always going through some crisis and it has to be about them.

"No one can take advantage of you without your consent."

Simply talk to them - point blank. "I'm really going through some tough shit right now, and I really need to talk to somebody about it. Can we get some time alone to talk?" If they try to swap it around to make it about THEM, don't let them. "Look, I'm sure you've got your own problems right now as well, but seriously, I've always been there for you when you needed a ear. And right now, I need one for me. Can you do that for me?"

>>>My mother gave me the number to a counciler but I don't feel comfortable talking with some stranger about my innermost thoughts.

You just posted them here online for strangers to read. So apparently you CAN, under certain circumstances. :slight_smile: Do give the counselor some thought. You go to a doctor when you've got a problem with your body, right? And although sometimes the symptoms can be a bit embarrassing, you know that they're doctors, and they deal with this stuff, so you can usually tell them what's going on. A counselor's just a doctor for the mind. They're going to ask for your symptoms, what you think is going on, and they'll give you a course of treatment, just like a doctor. It may be just talking and thinking instead of a prescription, but the idea is still the same.

Lex

3. Jim1454

GO SEE THE COUNSELLOR!!!

As far as I'm concerned, EVERYONE should have a counsellor / therapist! It's totally awesome! I love having someone to talk to that is completely unbiased and who can be totally objective with respect to my situation. It's actually a really wonderful thing - not uncomfortable at all!!!

Take advantage of that opportunity. Your mom is concerned - which is great. And she recognizes that she likely can't be objective or that you'd perhaps be uncomfortable talking to her about stuff - so she has given you this alternative. Try it. What's the harm?

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Counselors or therapists really are great! I highly recommend that everyone have one. I think I need to make an appointment with mine!

5. darkestknight

Agree with Lex and the others - just run up to one of your closest friends and get a talk together.

Or, the counselors. They are wonderful, they can lend you their ears! :grin:

6. bigmoney521

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well i spoke to my friend and it went nowhere. She is so consumed with her boyfriend problems to listen to me. Its like i get shitty advice no matter what. i called the counciler and left a messqage so I should get a call back by monday. I need to get my stuff together quick before something bad happens.

7. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Great! I'm glad you called.

8. JayC

JayC Guest

I understand how u feel i am in that same position. Darn straight teens never listen to us although we listen to and help them with their problems lol. I hope the counselor works for you i sure it will.

9. xXxNealxXx

A town where you get beat up for ur Imperfections
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    well i deff kinnda see were ur commin from
    im so much help to my friends
    jus like to day i was helpin on of them with there relationship problems
    but then again im not out
    and i really cant be
    cuz i no i cant so im jus wantin to let u no
    tat im right beside u in this long walk