1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Kid

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by nintenfreak92, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Ok, there is a new kid at my school that is gay (idk if he is officially "out" yet but somethings you just know.) So I've been like "OMG im not the only one!!!!" so my school is very rural and VERY church influenced. So needless to say there are several homophobes. Well the new kid, *name edited out*, is really nice. Well his dad is the new preacher at this church near our school. So we were getting ready for our football game (we're both in the band) his dad walked in and said something to him. after that *name edited out* like completely changed. For the rest of the night he was very to himself and didn't talk. So im kinda worrying about him and dont if it is any of my business or if I should just keep out or what... Im just worried about him because other kids pick on him too. So what should i do?

#1 nintenfreak92, Sep 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2008
  2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you haven't started talking to him, start.
    The best way to make a friend is to be a friend. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. silentsound

like Lex said, talk to him. As someone who has been the new kid more times than I wish to count, I can tell you that once one person breaks the barrier it's huge to allow people on both sides (new kid and other kids) to communicate more freely. He probably needs a friend right now, so be one. In time, you might find out what's bothering him, and then you can be there for him.

4. Endlessnight500

Wow, son of a preacher...man, I know how that is...::Whispers::"My grandfather on my Dad's side was a preacher"... Well you two should get to know each other.

5. hoping

Talk to him and get to know him and see where things go, try and just make friends and help him feel like he has someone who cares about him and someone he can trust, you.

6. riddlerno1

yeah, make friends with the guy and see where it takes you. You never know, might make a friend for life there.

7. Gumtree

Hmmph his name is *name edited out*, should have been Billy.

But as before, a little bit of kindness can go a long way, specially for people that need it.

Need to be a friend to make a friend!

8. No One

Hmmmmmm Well i dont really remember what was bothering me that night and HAY thats not fair i try very hard to make people think im straight thank you.

9. xequar

Lemme guess... You're the "*name edited out*" from nintenfreak92's post?

A word about "try[ing] very hard to make people think [you're] straight..." It's only about 50 percent effective. I tried very hard until I was 22-24ish. A few of my good friends thought I just had bad luck with girls. Some others simple never put any thought into it. The rest either suspected I was gay or knew I wasn't straight but were too polite to say anything. Trust me, too, that the harder you try, the more you will fail.

10. MOS KONIG

MOS KONIG Guest

Why Billy Gumtree?

11. Gumtree

"Son of a Preacher Man" song ^^

12. Mikeyy

Like everyone else is saying, talk to him. If you feel that he'd be willing to talk about it, ask what his father said to him that night. Maybe hint that you're gay... and say you get the same treatment from the other kids...