1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Extreme26, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Extreme26

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    A few months ago me and my best friend, the only one who I really hang around with, talked about other friends. I brought up something about having other friends and hanging round with different people. He said that he wouldnt be too happy if I got some new friends and kind of left him. Fair enough.

A few weeks ago I was going to meet him at a house he was looking after for the night to keep him company but I couldn't make it for various reasons. I thought nothing of it but then when I went on Bebo and looked at his page, I saw that he invited one of his friends round instead. Again, fair enough, but he didn't even tell me. And when I asked about it he didn't mention it.

Today he has told me that he went into town with a couple of people. The only thing that bothers me about this is that me and him had been talking about going into town but he always said no for one reason or another.

He's also peed me off because he is going through to the next villiage over to hang around with his new friends. I'm happy that he has got new friends and stuff but I had a chance to go out with some new people some weeks back but put it off because he said that he would be peed off if I got new friends. Now he has just done that very thing to me and I am really peed off.

So then, how do I actually make some new friends. It would be very hard to make new friends at school because I am now in sixth form and everyone already has their groups of friends.

2. Ben

Ben

Maybe you should talk to this friend about how he's made you feel recently...

As for making new friends, don't fret. Groups of friends are never set in stone and some people linger between groups. Just be friendly towards people who you warm to, and things should happen naturally. Once you've made one more friend, you'll make friends with their friends and maybe become part of their group quite quickly. :slight_smile:

3. Gumtree

^^^^ Very well said :grin:

Communicate with your friend, chances are he is not even aware you're angry.

It's not very friend like of him in the first place to keep you away from other friends, and potential friends.

Be assertive not agressive.

Have an opinion not a sidethought.

Be kind but not smarmy.

Give but don't give yourself.