1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you guys think of support groups?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by NicoletteChris, Aug 30, 2014.

1. NicoletteChris

My therapist and I touched on this topic awhile ago, she thought it would be a good idea for me to go to an incognito gay teens who are still in the closet support group.

Has anyone here ever been to one of those? Opinions?

I've (embarrassingly) never met another lesbian my age before in person :frowning2: I'd love to meet more people but am just a bit afraid about how "secretive" the support group will remain, plus I feel dreadful that I'd have to lie to my amazing mom but I'm not ready to come out yet and need support.

Do you guys think it's worth it? I can't decide!

2. LD579

I would say go for it =] They're really like EC, actually, except of course there's less people and they're in-person so it can be quite nice and helpful. It's worth giving it a shot, I think.

3. Randomcloud

I wish there were some in my city..

4. KingJude

I like the idea of LGBT Support groups :slight_smile: They let you meet other people who are in the same situation as yourself, and makes it easier for you. I have an LGBT group near me that I want to go to, but can't because I'm not out to my Mum :frowning2: Ah well. But if I was you I would definitely go to a support group, because they can only help your situation! :grin: