1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsupportive Parents?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by belu, Aug 30, 2014.

1. belu

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My parents definitely wont take me coming out as trans well as well as liking girls and before anyone says "just try" I did a little test maybe two years back telling them I was gender confused...my mother couldnt fully understand the term and said "as long as you dont like girls!" my dad on the other hand just flat out said "You know I dont believe in that sort of thing as well as homosexuality" I am feeling very..I dont know lost? Like everyday I spend as someone Im not is a day lost that I could be spending as who I am... Im afraid to tell my parents since theres a history of child abuse that left me with ptsd. Is there a way to tackle this situation?

2. Kj802

Hey, I am really sorry you feel that way.
    If you don't feel comfortable telling your parents than of course you don't have to, especially if there is a tendency towards abuse. If you feel though that you must help someone, than maybe tell an lgbt supportive friend, or maybe try and find a local lgbt group. If you feel like you are been abused or mistreated, then it is your right to tell someone other than your parents that you trust.
    As for your parents there is not much you can do to change there minds. I know it sounds harsh, but if they can't except that your different that they don't deserve your love.
    It might best that you wait until you move out and are financially independent that you tell them. Good luck, remember that EC is always here for you.