1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble With Best Friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JayC, Sep 13, 2008.

1. JayC

JayC Guest

OK me and cory have been best friends for a year and i mean BEST friends. We go to parties together, he was the second person i came out the closet to, he has supported me through all my hard times this year, however he does not want me to be gay. He has a crush on my sister and says he is in LOVE with her. Well she really could care less about him and she only uses him to get from place to place, she is 15 he is 17. Well me and him have talked and she is breaking his heart and I asked him I was Like Cory, why don't u try to find someone else because kell is never going to go out with you. He said because he has never had a REAL girlfriend and he is not giving up on this one.

Well he keeps throwin his heart out and she literally has NO interest in him. So, I am in the middle of this and I bout to tell him it is either goiong to be I am his best friend or he is going to go after a girl he is never going to get. I can not take the stress anymore!!!

Cory has difficulty wakin up. Well last week we decided that today we would spend the entire day together just as a guy day and we would go to the biggest city around Hattiesburg and go shoppin go to a movie out to eat etc. Well also today I get a call at 11 a.m. i am still asleep had a rough night and it is my boss telling me to go into work Stephanie didn't show up. Well the whole situation with Stephani got bad and so she is prob gonna be fired because she knew she couldnt work today and her name was down for it but she couldn't find anyone to work for her b/c me and andrea were both going to hattiesburg Sheridan was going floatin on the river and kell was already workin. We work 2 people a day. So, anyways Cory never showed today and I texted him at 2 and he said he would be comin as soon as he got done with something. Well i got all dressed up and waited til 8 p.m. and i had texted him numerous times. Then he replies with S***. I told him how mad i was i was frustrated and that i dont want to speak to him for the next few days that i need to calm down. Then he gets HIS sister to call me and tell me that he fell asleep after he texted me. Well i was like u know u shouoldnt go to sleep b4 u have to go somewhere. NOw all i did was stay home all day my boss now knows and i know she is going to say something.
    O yeah also Cory has said many times that he is friends with me just because of my sister but then he laughs, he always says it as a joke, and i say somethin like yeah well i only have u as a friend til i get my own car. I don't know if I should end my friendship with him or not. I know every friendship goes through rough times but this has been ridiculous. Please give me advice.

2. JayC

JayC Guest

sorry its so long everyone and O yeah b4 u feel sorry for steph know she was the worst worker would never work a Saturday b/c she claimed she had parties to go to but me and andrea found out that she never went to these parties that she stayed home. and fyi these names have been changed for sake of secrecy

3. Mind Freak

Oh wow.
    Maybe find a new best friend but just keep him around as a side friend. :slight_smile:

4. Blaz

Blaz Guest

Just try to get through this with him. Yeah, every friendship has its rough spots, but honestly, from what I've experienced, this is nothing. It seems like he is just upset and going through a rough time, and although it may seem "Even" to say you only have him as a friend as a car, that's not something you should be saying. Just work things out, and I'm sure it will be fine as time goes on. Don't give up on friends, try to fix them(Though sometimes you must fix yourself, which is ten times harder).

5. JayC

JayC Guest

that's just it i don't know if he is wrong or if I am?

6. HighintheClouds

Okay... Well.. There are a few things you need to do first (or at least tell us so that we can do our best to help).

Firstly, how long has this situation been going on for? How long has he been crushing on your sister?

Secondly, does he really know what you feel? In any relationship, the most important thing is communication and honesty. Honestly, these two things work hand in hand. If any of these has been lacking, then you won't be able to solve this problem with Cory.

From what I can see my remedy is to get him to sit down with you in a quiet spot somewhere where you can both have a good conversation about what is going on. If Cory's been there with you all this while, I don't think that he's irrational and so will be able to have a good discussion with you.

Hope this helps! =)