1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my family.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by emeraldholly, Aug 31, 2014.

1. emeraldholly

Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm pansexual, my mum is lesbian and the rest of my family are straight. My mum left my dad for a girl about 8 years ago but he still practically hates most (all) lgbt people because of it. My granddad on my dads side is very homophobic and refuses to speak to my mum because she is gay. My gran on my mums side is very religious but is trying to be a bit more accepting of my mum because she is family and family is very important to her. The rest of my family I'm not to worried about as I don't see them as often and we aren't that close.
    No one in my family knows I'm pansexual. My mum thinks I'm bisexual and is totally okay with it. My dad only knows I've dated a girl because her mum told him, we never spoke about it, he never mentioned it and he acts like it never happened. No one else knows anything. I think I should tell them but I don't know how or weather I'm ready for it. I want them to accept me for who I am but I know not all of them will. I don't want to lose my family because I didn't turn out how they wanted me to.
    What do I do? :help:

2. Kj802

We'll if your mum is lesbian than you could probably tell her that your actually pansexual. Otherwise wait until you move out and are financially independent to tell the rest of your family. Sometimes a parent can go through stages (denial, grief, loss, acceptance etc.) it just takes them a while to come to terms. Good luck and remember EC is always here for you.