1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm currently coming out to my friend as trans

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kafei, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Kafei

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm in the process of sending her an email and by that I mean I'm sitting here trying to get myself to click the send button.

I chose to do it by email because it gives her time to think it over and it gives me time to relax before I hear her response.

I have no idea how she'll react. Luckily, she's kind. So worst case scenario, she stops talking to me but still respects me.

This is the first time I've come out to someone and didn't know how they'd react. I've been very fortunate to have supportive and accepting friends and I hope she can be one of them.

I'm going to send the email now and go to bed. I'll keep you all updated on how it goes.

2. Acm

Acm Guest

Good luck!

3. RainbowMan

Hit that send button.

I know how hard it is, not knowing if your friends and/or family are going to reject you for being who you are. However, making yourself vulnerable like this shows that you're human, and that's really all that anyone can ask for is to be real and authentic.

Like you said, this friend seems to be a true friend. They probably won't stop talking to you in that event, no matter how much you might fear that outcome. My bet is that they start using your male name and referring to you with male pronouns. How awesome would that be?

4. Litveninko

go for it and good luck. I did the same last week, but through fb. She didn't understand at first, but eventually she got the message, and was so supportive, she is even helping me to come out to my parents.

5. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Everything will go fine. Go for it! :thumbsup:

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hope that it goes well for you :slight_smile: Good luck and hit that send button :grin:

7. Kafei

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ahh, thanks to all of you. You're all really making me feel better. I sent it last night and she still hasn't responded yet so I feel like there's a pit in my stomach, but you're making me feel more relaxed and I really need that right now.

8. Kafei

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She just responded. She told me not to worry about it and that she wants to talk to me in person rather than continue the conversation in email. I was so worried and this is such a major relief. Thanks to all of you for giving me kind messages and motivation. :slight_smile:

9. BethLauren

I'm glad it went well!

10. MycroftTARDIS

Nice, man!!!!! :eusa_clap