1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to close friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ShadowsRunner, Aug 31, 2014.

1. ShadowsRunner

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So this past year I have become really comfortable with my sexuality, though I think I might be more gay then before. Anyways I've been throwing the idea of telling two of my closest friends about my sexuality, because im tired of not 100% being my true self to them. I told myself to do it by the end of the year but I don't know how to bring it up with them. They might be my best friends but just some doubt is in my stomach telling me not to. I'm almost 100% sure they won't mind, just be shocked.
    Any advice?
    (sorry if i left details out or jumped around)

2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I came out to my best friends by text. It's easier to come out to them than parents (in my opinion, parents are the hardest to come out to), so you can send a text over explaining how you feel. If you want to tell them in person, you can just tell them that you need to talk about something, or if you want a less direct approach, you can point out hot guys and girls, or something of the like where they have to imply that you're bi.

3. ShadowsRunner

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ya i know parents can be the worst to tell at times. If I was to tell them I would try to in person but then it would get really awkward at least for me since its such a "sensitive" thing to talk about.

4. David7991

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think you should do it. A LOT of the time friends accept you for who you are. The rare occasions when they don't is when they're religious or ignorant or hateful people. (Not ALL religious people don't accept it though.)

If you're 100% positive they'll be fine with it then why wait any longer haha.

5. ShadowsRunner

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ya I think its just my nerves holding me back. I just have to get over it.