1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some help explaining to my mom

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MycroftTARDIS, Sep 1, 2014.

1. MycroftTARDIS

So, about a week ago I was reading this article in the New Yorker about the clash between radical feminists and trans women (The Dispute Between Radical Feminism and Transgenderism), and my dad and I were talking about it. My mom came into the kitchen and asked what we were talking about, so my dad told her. She asked if I thought I was trans, so of course I said yes, feeling really awkward because...well, I don't really like talking to my mom for some reason even I don't know. She asked if I was sure, because "Just because you don't like the same things as other girls doesn't mean you're transgender." Argh!!!!!!! I felt like saying that being trans isn't like that, that I feel like a guy inside (and maybe show her 'After Ever After II'...the first song in that is super great!!!), but as I said above, I really don't like talking to her. Does anyone have any suggestions for articles I could email/give to her to explain what I feel ? I'd really appreciate it. :slight_smile: