1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I I'm so scared to come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jackrabbit11, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Jackrabbit11

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have come out as lesbian to only 2 close friends. They are both cool with it. But I can't come out to any of my family or other friends and it's terrible. I'm beating myself up over it. I just want to be treated the same and thought of the same. I don't think they will accept me as they are very religious Mormons. And believe that god sent us here to be with the oposite sex like Adam and Eve. I am not Mormon and do not believe that. I think it's who ever you love then you love. Love has no limits on who it goes to. I'm really nervous to tell them. I need help do I say something or not?

2. Kj802

If your nervous for been shunned by you sexuality by your family the best thing I say you could do is wait. Wait until you become independent, that way if you tell them and something goes wrong you not kicked out onto the streets or something. Plus you have to friends to come out to. Believe me I am in the same situation, my family is Christian,(SDA) and my family is particularly strict. My dad's actually a pastor. So I am waiting till I am independent to tell them.
    If you need to talk message me and remember EC is always here for you.

3. BiErik

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know it's a struggle, but you will come out when you are ready. Parents sometimes react poorly because they didn't know or they feel they failed you or made you gay. Relax, don't come out until youare ready.

4. Jackrabbit11

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just feel like it would feel so good. I have a really close family of friends. It's sad but I love them more than my own family. And they love me. I have told the mom and she's cool with it. Should I star with telling them? Ps. They are not religious at all.

5. BiErik

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should do what you feel is right. Often times gay people have what is commonly called their "gay family." They aren't necessarily gay people but they are people that love you even though you are gay.

Just what ever you do, make sure it's what you want.