1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When and what should I say ?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Harlusional, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Harlusional

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm not exactly overly flamboyant , but I do hang out with mostly girls during lunch break and everything . But I still maintain normal relationships with guys as well . I have been avoiding the " Are you gay " question and today , I have no idea what came over me .

This really hot , popular guy in my class , let's call him Jake. Jake asked me during class " Are you gay ? Cause you know .... you're a little gay , just a little. "

This time , I decided not to avoid the question and his "popular clique" looked at me and I just answered " Well , I'm not really sure what I'm into right now because I think I'm just having that phase of a teenager where you question your own sexuality. And what if I said I was gay ? Are you going to change the way you treat me ? "

" Okay " , while one of his "clique-mate" told me " You're not gay , don't worry bro."

I am pretty sure I'm gay but ... what should I say to people if they ask me the " Are you gay " question ... I've been intending to come out to some people in my class and I have a feeling that I should text Jake and tell him the truth , even though I'm not close to him in terms of friendship.

What should I do ?

2. Candace

Um, ask him what his definition of "a little gay" is. That seemd kinda rude of him, to be honest. I mean, it seems as if he's equating homosexuality to a bad thing, which is what I'm getting out of this post. Ask him what I suggested afterwards.

It's kinda wrong for him to just assume that people are gay just by the way they act. How many times has he been wrong and hurt people's feelings?