1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

God is Messing With Me

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Geist, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Geist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Alright this has happened way to many times to be pure coincidence. But it seems like cruel things just keep happening to me. The newest being that I just met a girl who is great she is a kind person and we have become friends. She is awesome and we have a lot in common. Problem is that I have a bad habit of just sort of feeding off of other peoples actions and just going with it so I often lead people to think that I like them back. So she may think that I "like" her when I am just being nice. Now that is a sucky situation that I have been in before it really isn't new to me. The real problem comes in to what I just found out.

Now me and another friend of mine have been discreetly pressuring the school to allow our GSA to exist with minor threats of legal action that I hope will never come to fruition. This new friend of mine however I just found out is a major religious activist at our school and has outright spoken against gays and I just know she is going to be a thorn in our new GSA's side. She is a good person I know this so I don't want to lose her as a friend but I worry that this thing will end up tearing us apart.

2. Amy

Amy

wow. i would just wait until a she talks to you. when she talks to you, i would remind her about how everone(including christians) have different opinions of homosexuality. if she does make a huge deal, if the school is public, remind her that it is (and is therefore legally abliged to have a gsa if one is requested). from my expirience, it may escalate. if it does, remind your members to stay calm and talk to her one on one.

3. Quitex

Quitex Guest

God is not messing with you. Stupid close-minded people are. Uh... and that clueless girl too.

About your friend, just be sincere and tell her you like her just as a friend? and with the GSA, as long as your school has other student organizations, they can't forbid you guys to have one, unless the laws of your state/region/country are different from everyone else's.

4. Jim1454

God isn't messing with you... He has presented you with an opportunity.

You've got this great opportunity to change the opinion of this new friend. To make her realize that there's nothing wrong with being gay, and nothing wrong with having gay support groups like a GSA. She could end up being one of your strongest supporters.

Good luck.