1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virginity

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Swamp56, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

It's a weird issue with me....a lot of my friends (straight + gay ones) have started to lose their virginity, and, at least to me, it seems like I'm the only one besides my bf :frowning2: . I'm a senior in high school who it turning 18 in October...

I've almost always been sensitive to the subject, more like I get jealous that I'm left out on something that seems "cool" or "amazing".

Not sure what to say, think, etc....which I why this is in the support section :S .

It's just been getting to my mind lately, and it makes me depressed, sad, etc.

2. BeautifulStranger

It's not cool and it's not great
    Feel blessed that you still have yours and you can give it to someone you care about. Mine is now held by a complete and utter d-bag and I can't change that.

Don't worry about it. When the time comes, it'll happen

3. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't rush it when the time comes it'll happen. No need to rush just because everyone else is doing it. :slight_smile:

4. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Try not to think about it too much. When it eventually happens you won't mind how long you waited. And it will happen, don't worry =] Plenty of people are way into their 20s or even further.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you WANT to lose your virginity - not because you don't want to be the last one, but because you really want to - that's fine. But doing it because you don't want to be the last in line is rather silly. :slight_smile:

Lex

6. MeskElil

I agree. Don't worry about it; and tell them this if they start getting all over you about it:
    "I have something that I can lose whenever I want to.
    But you all have lost something, and you're never, EVER going to get it back."
    That ought to be enough. And think of it this way: you have a gift you can give to that one person who makes your heart go fast, who makes you feel like the most important person in the world, when the time is right--the opportune moment.
    NEVER feel that you are somehow lower than they are because they've lost their virginity and you haven't.

-Mesk

7. sexyalex

like....fa sho:eusa_eh:

like...maybe i'm just immature gosh i am tired of hearing that :dry: but i mean common! whats so interesting about sex why everyone is soo crazy about it anyways. Far as i was educated sex is just pure pain/pleasure + friction = problems + addiction + STD's square :dry:
    o.0 talk about dividing the legs much. I sound like a math teacher.

anyways. Sex comes with consiqences darling. If i were u, i would just let it flow. When u get f@#cked u just get f@#cked. Thats that. :dry:

:lol: trust me, when the day comes when ur gonna be sharing ur "first time" story; you will feel more illated to share it aand not feel like u just had a fling to satisfy your emo at the moment.:icon_wink

8. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I love MeskElil's response! (!)(!)(!)

Losing your virginity isn't what its cracked up to be. Definitely wait for the right person!

9. Samus610

There is no need for you to be depressed. I'm still a virgin and I'm damn proud. It's not cool or amazing to lose your virginity because you feel left out. Losing your virginity is something, I find to be, special. It happens when your ready and with someone you really care about. So don't worry about it.(*hug*)

10. ScentedRegrets

In October, I will turn 24. I am still a virgin. Never had any interest in girls, have had an interest in guys since at least the 6th grade. I hope to find "that special someone" with whom I can really get close and intimate with, and then have him take my virginity from me... it will be something so very special that no one can change and no one can take away from us. And I really look forward to that day.

And in the mean time, I anticipate many more nights alone with my thoughts and my right hand :slight_smile:

11. sexyalex

HECK YEA! being different is good:thumbsup: like, u should be proud of urself being the only one in ur group that hasn't been used, screwed, knocked up or just plain out not been touched. Like...i think that give people more rateings....dosn't it?

dosn't it?:eusa_eh:

12. Jim1454

I'm sure you're not the only one in your group of friends... but the othres (like you) are simply quiet on the subject. LOTS of people are still virgins at your age and older. I was 25 before I was intimate with anyone. Try not to lose sleep over it. There are more important things to worry about!

13. silentsound

Don't stress, you will probably have a MUCH better experience and wait until it feels right with the right person when you are a little older. Then who will be sorry?

14. coreyjazz23

i myself am still a virgin...and I am waiting for the right guy to give it to. But if you read my Advice Needed thread...it seems i'll be waiting a while longer.

15. Rygirl

Hey , there are some girls where I am at the mo who gave there virginity the second they turned 16 to the first guys sho smiled at them. Now they have some very big problems and very bad memories of extremely unsavory characters. I just look at them and think, thank god I don't have to live their lives. Trust me, when you give up your virginity too soon you enter a whole world of psycological and emotion turmoil and I don't plan on putting myself through that, niether should you.

16. Starshine16

I have yet to loose mine and I am 22.Losing it early can do several things to you.It can make you feel guilty as you get older because you just gave it to the first person who showed interest in you.I know pleanty of people who wish they had waited until they were older and more responsible and mature enough to handle being sexually active.

17. JurrBurr

JurrBurr Guest

I totally agree with Wonderwall!

It's not amazing nor is it cool! Just wait and make sure its with that special person!!!