1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Family Problems

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ConfusedTeen98, Sep 3, 2014.

1. ConfusedTeen98

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So about 2 months ago during a camping trip I came out to my closest friend and he was totally fine with it (Which surprised me), but I was pretty much forced to come out since my mum and dad found a note I was supposed to give my friend telling him that im a homosexual, They didn't react very well, They ignored me for 2 days said that I was "too young to know" and I got so mad that I walked out the house and told 2 more of my friends about my true sexuality.

I have now told about 6 people that im Gay its been okay but I always get comments from my mum saying "You are not gay, You are not my son if you are". I hate it, they arnt letting me be who I want to be, Whats worse enough is the guy that I came out to first turns out I actually love him loads but he doesn't know (Yet), Dont know whether I should tell him or not?.

I cant even talk to my parents about it because apparently my dad is homophobic and I would get kicked out the house if I kept on going on about it. :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm really sorry to hear what you are going through. It's bad your parents found out like that and reacted in such a negative way, but I'm pleased other people have been okay. At least you have some people to lean on for moral support if things get a bit heated with your parents.

Hard as it might be, I'd try to avoid any further comment about your sexuality in your parents presence. Right now, they are not ready to consider the possibility that you are gay (they need to work on that in their own way and own time and hopefully come round). It's best not to provoke more hostility and put yourself in a vulnerable position. At the same time, try not to appear deflated and pessimistic as they may take that as a sign that you are unhappy being gay. You don't want to give them any cause to think it's been a rash decision. Try to stay calm.

As for your friend, that's a very tricky issue. Unless you have a good reason to believe he feels the same way about you I'd urge you to think carefully before saying anything to him. He has been a good friend and you don't want to do anything to risk that right now, while things are strained at home with your parents.

3. Kj802

Hey, sorry your in that position. I don't no what to say to your parents, but as for your friend, unless he ends up coming out as gay, probably don't tell him your crushing on him if you don't want to jeopardise your friendship. :frowning2: