1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I bluntly come out or do I discreetly say it??

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Water lover, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Water lover

Water lover Guest

So I have been working up the courage to come out to one of my best friends the last couple of weeks. She is a girl and we talk all the time. I am the person that talks to her the most more than anyone else. I think she might like me ":dry:". She has only ever said very mildly homophobic things like,"that's different" "not my thing" but nothing big I think she'll be fine. In all reality she probably already knows. My question is do I say it bluntly like while were texting just saying,"hey (her name) I am gay and like guys" or do I just slip it into a convo with a gay attribute. I know this will instantly take over the convo but I just want to know what is the easiest way. I am so freaking nervous I have been out to one girl for two years and she was cool with it(she hasn't even told anyone :slight_smile:

2. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would be polite but firm. If you think she likes you, emphasis that you are certain if she questions you, and that you see her as a friend. It may be hard for her to hear. She may need some space to process the information. Be as respectful as you can.

3. Jguy365

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Be discreet with it. I find that it is considerably easier to come out when you are on the topic and in a discussion. It just kind of rolls off that way.

4. Kj802

Yes maybe more discreet, I tried to come out today but I couldn't say it bluntly, I didn't even end up coming out I was so nervous.

5. Rose22

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I don't know if this will help or not but a month or 2 ago I told two close friends..
    Message went something this is..
    I really want to tell you something and you probably already have guessed but I'm attracted to girls ... With afew other details