1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

omg i almost came out to a friend!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by NatWheeled, Sep 3, 2014.

1. NatWheeled

I think she'd actually be OK with it but I'm just not quite ready yet. So here's what happened...

I was chatting with her on Fb bout me heading north on the transit to see a movie tomorrow. She suggested that I might meet a cute guy on the bus. Now, I've been seeing a girl online for nearly 2months now and its killing me that I can't tell my friends bout her. I swear I wanna shout it from the space needle, that's how happy this girl makes me. So I came sooo close to telling my friend I was gay. But instead I told her of my girlfriend, who has a gender neutral name, without using any gender indicators. By the way, try talking about somebody without using pro nouns like he n she, its hard. Anyways, my friend assumes my girlfriend is a guy and is totally thrilled for me.

Someday I'll tell my friend the truth, but I'm just not quite there yet. I'm pretty sure she'll be OK with it. We once had a convo where I said I might be willing to date a girl. She'd told me if I ever got a girlfriend she'd want to meet her.

Anyways just wanted to share

2. Cerith23

Good luck, thanks for sharing :slight_smile: I hope you're able to come out soon and that she stays a great friend X