1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with school?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by supergay, Sep 4, 2014.

1. supergay

hey guys I just started going to a new school. I have a problem because I would like to be openly gay but it is kinda hard because everyone thinks I'm straight, I am very "masculine" and nobody ever asks or anything, and recently when I try to be obvious people think I am joking. anyways tomorrow is the first meeting of the year of the GSA, I kinda wanna check it out but I'm nervous...:confused:do you guys have any ideas how to just clear the air?

2. SeaSalt

I havent got a clue what GSA means however you could try bringing up your sexuality casually in a conversation, I find bringing up LGBT news is a good way to sway the conversation towards a good coming out point. It also gives you an insight about how the people around you are.

3. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    GSA = Gay-Straight Alliance (or Girl Scouts of America :slight_smile:

4. Kaylen

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I went to GSA on and off for two years. The first year I stopped going after two meetings because, and to quote myself: "It's too gay." (Note, I already knew I was queer.) I feel as though you wouldn't have that problem though. xD

The second year was a lot better - same amount of gay, but I liked it more. I suggest you go. It's very easy to convey your gayness in there after you're in.

And we used to wear bracelets that held either our gender identity or sexuality or both. You could always make a rainbow bracelet or something :slight_smile: