1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long Distance Relationships

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BitterEdge, Sep 15, 2008.

1. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

So I met this guy online who happens to go to my college and have really grown to like him. The only problem is I'm studying abroad this semester and we are experiencing the long distance disconnect.

Any advice how we can make this work?

2. BeautifulStranger

Hmm
    Seeing as I've made a long-distance relationship work for almost 7 months, I should be able to give advice... but I'm really stuck in my thinking right now...

First of all, you have to want it to work. If the guy is worth it, then it's completely and totally possible.
    But judging by the sound of your post, you two aren't even dating yet. Are you?
    If not, don't start a relationship when you're overseas... wait until you get back and see if you're still as interested as you are right now.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you both want to, you'll survive it.
    That's it.

Lex

4. RedState

3 words: they don't work. I've been in a few long distance relationships (granted these were with women) and they all wound up the same way--bad. It sucks, I know. I simply don't think you can have a relationship, that is more than just an occasional visit, without seeing someone on a daily basis. Absense doesn't necessairly make the heart grow fonder. It is a harsh dose of reality I'm afraid. It might be best if you cut your losses at this point...or atleast take a break from each other while he's away. it will be tough, really tough. A wounded heart is something that no band-aid is big enough for...I know I've tried to find one.

5. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

Well to answer your question we tech. aren't dating for this very reason but we really like each other. I kind of have someone else I like too. I feel so odd liking two at the same time, but I don't know which one will work if any so it might be paranoia.