1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's Done.. But I Need the Strength..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by HighintheClouds, Sep 15, 2008.

1. HighintheClouds

This is my blog post (what's in between the long horizontal lines)...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We’ve separated. So that we can be together.

The ironies in life are hard and cruel. Sometimes, they’re like weeds. Wherever you look, there are always more and more of them, just waiting to trip you as you try to run away. Never did I know that something this young could be the cause of so much hurt.

And yet...

I await the future. What will happen? I don’t know... I’m praying to God. I’m praying to him so hard. God, if I am to be a friend, I pray to you that I’ll be the best friend in the world. I pray that we’ll go through the hard times, the times when nothing seems to be going right, the times that when many would have given up... I’m still there. God, I know that you didn’t bring the both of us together to be separated like this. This is not your way. You do not bring two so similar to each other, only to have them torn apart, never to be together again.

But for now, you’ve closed one gate, and opened another one for the both of us. I am going to walk through that gate, supporting my new-found friend. With Your grace and power, we are going to be close to each other, not in the way we planned, but in another. Your way.

May this last for as long as it’s needed. For when it is done, it will be the right time. And we will both emerge strong enough, out of that gate, and with Your grace, into the one we wanted. And God, if by Your will we do, I will praise your name forever and ever. And if it is right, then may it happen!

We have both marvelled at how planned this thing has seemed from the start. Who knows? Is it Your doing? I have prayed the Prayer of Abandonment. I put all into your hands.

Dear Lord, this is my prayer to you...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know that you are in pain. So am I.
    I know that you are feeling lost. So am I.
    I know that you are feeling helpless. So am I.
    I know that you miss me already. I miss you too.

But for now, we have both changed.
    For now, we will both be strong.
    For now, we will hold each others’ hands.
    For now, we will help each other.

I want your happiness.

Treasure those times we have spent together.
    But let us treasure, too, the times to come.
    They seem dark.
    They seem cold.

But I will be there for you.
    No matter what.

As we have left a gaping void in our hearts,
    Fenced off for now,
    Let us move to another void together,
    And may we fill it up.

For now, one aspect of our lives has been distanced from each other.
    But keep in mind,
    Another aspect will come closer.

And if you need any more reassurance,
    Here’s a word from me to you.
    A word which I hope will mean something to us in time to come.
    A word, which is felt not just by spouse, or by family,
    But by friends and siblings too.

A word, which meaning has its source from the stars and the heavens above.

This word, my dear,
    This word, my friend,
    This word, my name,

This word,
    Is Love.

I've done it. I've done it. I've hurt him. I've hurt myself. I know it's all for the best, but now I feel as if I've thrown myself into the sea...

I need help. I need the reassurance...

2. HighintheClouds

... And if you don't know what I'm talking about... Just read my previous thread... That's part one. This is part two..

3. nickmc

Hi

I truly think that you've done the right thing. I think that you are exactly right in leaving this situation up to God's will and if the relationship develops into something more then praise Him for that. But just be careful not to get yourself sucked in too early, before he is ready to be comfortable having a relationship that is more than just friends. I don't want you to be hurt in finding yourself more of a mentor than boyfriend.

By God's grace, be strong, be supportive and be the best friend you can at this time. (*hug*)

Nick

4. Endlessnight500

I think you did the right thing also. I hope it all works out in the long run. I know its painful now, but it will make it all worth it. If you never know pain how would you recognize pleasure, and If you never know heart ache, how could you phathom Love. Take this and use it strengthen you. Use that strength to help him threw his Issues, What is a couple years in trade for a lifetime together. Its tough now, but I think it will build a very solid foundation for the years to come, especially if you help him threw the hard times in his life, and you are both stable when you move beyond being just friends.