1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Poke Poke] Don't forget about the walrus [Update]

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by InaRut, Sep 15, 2008.

1. InaRut

Hello everyone,

Thought I'd give you all a little update and then describe to you my current condition in terms of comming to (more conclusive) terms with myself.

So I hope that you are all happy to hear that I went to my first GLBT meeting at Brock. You can now look at my newly updated information and see that I am keeping up with my promises.

Execept working out >_> But I'm trying to get more motivated. At least the school pool is opening back up soon so that's a bonus. I really wanna get swimming again.

ANYWAYS so my first GLBT meeting. I didn't really find anyone to intriguing at first glance but lets just be grateful I went right? And it's kinda cool how after every meeting they apparently go to the VU in Toronto (a gay club?). I can't yet cause I'm still 18 but I'll be 19 sept 25 so..you know..get baking me a cake or something >_>

I considered going to a PFLAG meeting but classes got in my way. I have classes to late on Tuesdays (when meeting are held) so that doesn't quite work the way I want it. Also the next GLBT meeting is this thursday and I can't go because my classes aren't over till 9:00. Well I can attend the last 45 minutes I guess.

Might as well make an apperance.

Classes are going fine. I'm trying my best to get my reading done and so far it's working out pretty well. I have my first essay due this week :confused:. It's nothing major though. Just a reflective piece. And yes it's written it just needs to be cut down to 2 pages hahaha.

Uhh...If you guys want to know what happened to my "dance partner" the other night I have yet to hear from her. I think I over exaggerated a bit and as it stands I'm still gay. I also haven't heard from her since that night. I tried calling but she must be busy 24/7 or something. Hahaha.

So yes, I'm still single, but I'm trying to change that honest.
    And I really really miss my dog and cats :frowning2:
    I had a dream that last night I had a pet bull and we were on this island and the bull acted alot like my dog Jack. >_> it was only a dream though *sigh*

Anyways despite missing my pets everything is super!

2. Jim1454

Hey! Great to hear from you - I appreciate the update even if nobody else does!

I'm SO glad to hear that you went to a GBLT meeting on campus. That's AWESOME. I've never heard of VU here in Toronto, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I just don't get out much!

Keep it up. Do you readings. Don't worry about being single. It's likely why you're getting your readings done!

Good luck! Keep providing the updates!

3. biisme

hey!!!!

I haven't heard from my favorite walrus for while.

That's great that you went to a GLBT meeting!

I hope your classes work out so that you can go to more.

4. panda

Good going Phil!! Keep up the good work.:thumbsup:

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Yeah Phil! You were so worried about nothing. You are doing great there and I'm so proud of you for going to the glbt meeting. How is your fish?

6. InaRut

Well my fish is alright. I had a dream about me comming home to a very affectionate cat last night. >_> Kinda sucks when that dream is ruined by my alarm clock.

Other than that I guess I won't be updating till this thursday. If I make an apperance that is. Seems kinda pointless to just pop in at the last 45 minutes. Hahaha

...I could skip my Psyc Lecture :slight_smile:

7. davo-man

Sounds great, Phil :grin: Too bad about the girl at the party, but oh well, I know there's hell heaps of peeps out there for you, just waiting to be reeled in :slight_smile:

8. InaRut

>_>
    Maybe I'm just hideously ugly and you guys are lying to me due to some goverment conspiracty.

Maybe this is all just some world wide prank where you guys are like, "Yea Phil your so cute." but in reality I'm the exact opposite and you guys all laugh everytime I don't find somebody
    >_>

Now that's just crazy talk.
    Or is it.
    hahahaha

I should probobly be doing my seminar readings right now..but I'm le tired.

9. Jim1454

Sorry to burst your bubble, but St. Catherines IS NOT 90210 of the north!!!! People don't magically fall in love and all go out for milk shakes after class...

(no - I didn't ever watch the show, nor the remake, so give me a break! :dry:slight_smile:

So despite the fact that you're funny and cute and bright, you may not find a life long partner and soul mate in the first month of university!

Sheeesh! :eusa_doh:

10. InaRut

Hahaha I know that. Believe me (although you may it find it hard) that I do have some rationality. It's just that desperation and fantasy can sometimes scratch my logic.

>_> It'd just be REALLY nice if I could find at least one person I'm...at least...10% capatible with? Hahahahha

Besides what does EC really wanna hear about? How my pop culture lecture talked about the intellectual aspects of every day life? Or how the walrus is still single *wink wink*...or when the Walrus isn't single anymore.

I could talk about my university lectures and seminars if you guys REALLY want >_> haha!

11. davo-man

Just out of interest, what are you studying at uni? You may have already said it, but it's quite late here, and my reading skills were the first thing to go :grin:

12. InaRut

Film studies my friend :slight_smile: