1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out on Twitter

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SirLancelot42, Sep 6, 2014.

1. SirLancelot42

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've wanted to come out to everyone for a while now, however, how do you tell people that your bi? I've come out to friends in drama, and they accepted me, and I've come out to my siblings, but not to my parents, or any adult at all. My siblings think I'm flamboyantly gay, which pisses me off, not that there's anything wrong with that, but they don't want to listen when I tell them there's a difference. I also was kids forced to tell some kids in school when they saw me on apps like ###### and ******. Word from school is that everyone thinks I'm "gay as shit." I want to let everyone know, but I want to do it on Twitter. I want other opinions on this, is coming out on Twitter a good idea?

2. Kenaria

As long as you're comfortable with it, then there shouldn't be anything wrong with it. Just know that once it's there, it's very likely there forever. Get a bad response and you can delete the tweet, but say someone screenshots it beforehand, and they've got it. Be safe and be careful, don't get hurt.

I came out on my instagram in my bio and sooo many people have asked my friends (all too wuss to actually confront me) about it. It's not that bad, but make sure that you're ready for the outcome.