1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just VENTING! GGGGRRRRRRR...UUUGGHHHHH

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Zak, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Zak

Zak

Uggg. I hate my brother sooo much. Hate is a strong word, but not strong enough here! He abuses me, harrases me and so much more. He steals from me...etc. Like 2 minutes ago i went out into the living room to make sure my show was recording; Gossip Girl. I know its a girl show, but i like it. Anyway, My brother stopped it from recording so i was kinda mad cause me and my friend Gabby always obsess over it on the bus the next morning. Soo, i hear the kids phone vibrate on the coffee table so I pick it up and hand it to him. He grabs it outta my hand and punches me in the abs. Soo...now im REALLY mad! Soo i storm off to my room to write this in chat....lol. Apparently my mom sees it (she is always on my side :grin:) and she makes my brother go get me and tell me to record my show. BTW, during this whole epidemic, my brother is calling me a fag...gay...etc. So when i finaly record it, i unleash my anger by saying that....BTW, my brother and I are TOTAL opposites...Soo i say that thre was a reason he is in General and Special Ed classes. (He doesnt have any disablities just his stupidity, ADD and ADHD and a million other things...hes been sent away like 500 times)...etc. Tried to kill me when i was younger...etc. sooo...yeah and this is like a minor problem...usually it is like pulling my gorgeous hair :wink:, and some punching and kneeing involved.

2. darkestknight

Yiuuh, I feel so bad of your problem and your brother!

Have you talked to your parents about it?

And I heard some straight guys watching Gossip Girls too. Nothing's wrong with that! :grin:

3. Helen

Helen Guest

Ah, brothers. I have one too, so I feel your pain (*hug*)

You didn't make it all too clear whether he was older or younger than you, but the same rules apply for both of those in this case ^_^

Basically, the reason he does all this is because he likes to see you angry, and you give him attention for it, by reacting. You have to just not rise, and KNOW that you're the mature one in this situation. Don't retaliate, don't say things like what you said about his special education classes (that's probably why he's doing it, he might feel insecure about it), and most of all DON'T REACT.

I promise you, if you just ignore him, he'll stop. Learn to be above just rising to a stupid boy trying to annoy you. Remember, he's your closest biological relative. People with ADD and ADHD and other disorders like that often don't realise how annoying they're being, and when they DO realise, they feel terrible about it. Thing is, it does take them an awful long time to realise. And if your brother has been doing this from a young age, I suppose it'll just go away gradually as he ages, if he's younger. If he's older than you, I'm not sure what his motives are, aside from just trying to piss you off.

Now, honestly, it will get better if you learn to just not react. Good luck :slight_smile:

4. Louise

Like Helen says, try not to bite the bait, rise above it and certainly don't sink to his level with insults and shouting matches then he has really one. If you pass him his phone and he punches you in the stomach just say calmly 'Most/normal people say thank you' just to point out that you are not getting angry but that his behaviour is not acceptable.

If you want to play his game and annoy him then say "is that the best you can do?" It's up to you how you play it but make sure it is on your terms not his.

5. Jim1454

The more you can ignore him or downplay the things he does, the more he'll be annoyed - which you can take great pleasure in!

If he's older though, your parents should be laying down the law that he can't be physically abusive with you. That simply isn't fair if he's bigger than you.

6. Amy

Amy

duuude...gossip girl. effing best show ever. some guys like it, dont worry. most of the ones i know just watch it for ed though. ;X personally, i watch it for ed AND leighton. cannot wait until i can watch the dark night. cuck and blair get it ON! :grin:

like most people have said, dont react, thats what he wants. ill use a gossip girl analogy for it. gossip girl stopped making such a huge deal about everything serena and chuck do, because they dont really react. she spread all of that shit about jenny, nate, dan, and blair just because she knows that they will react. yea, gossip girl has some problems....

but, yea... try to just keep calm. om. you dont have to meditate, but i just felt like saying om.

try not to get in his way, or insult him. insulting someone who can hurt you is never good, even though it feels good for a moment, itll hurt soon.

7. Zak

Zak

He is 3 years older than me. Good adivce, i;ve dont it before...but he just keeps abusing me cause he ahs no life and apparently it amuses him. He is WAYY bigger than me...he could squash me.

8. Louise

In that case it is down to your mum to set some serious house rules about not hitting!!! Any hitting should be sanctioned severly like taking away his telephone or something he will really miss.

Since he is so much bigger and older than you it probably isn't a good idea to wind him up but you don't have to take his abuse either. If he normaly taunts you with the same sorts of things think up some nice ironical replys for him then just saunter out the door as though you don't care. Even if you end up crying in your room with anger and frustration don't let him see that he has gotten to you.

9. Zak

Zak

I dont end up crying...i just get really mad. Thankies everyone...i'll try to stay calm when my brother bes an idiot again.

10. RonApple

RonApple Guest

Yep, hez feeding off ur frustration and reaction, so the more u react, the more fulfilled he feels and this makes him happy.. clearly.

So stick it out, be strong, be "boring" and he will get over it... Go tell him to make some friends.