1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't Know My Gender

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Fortississimo, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Fortississimo

I'm a 13 year old guy, who definitely is sexually attracted to boys, but can love anyone romantically. The one thing I don't know is what my gender is. I definitely like being a boy, but also at times want to be a girl. Not wear a full girl's outfit but a female shirt, and I subconsciously and naturally act feminine when I'm around friends I'm comfortable with. I do not feel like a woman but feel in between, and I love having a male body. I'm sorry if this post is a bit strangely written but I'm on my phone at midnight too stressed to sleep. :bang: I know my boo says androgynous but that's my best guess at the moment. High emphasis on guess. I'm putting this in the coming out forum because I want to come out soon and this will help make it clear and less of a hassle. If someone can help me know if 8th grades a good time or not, or how I should approach the topic with the friends I'm already out with about my orientation, that would be great.

#1 Fortississimo, Sep 7, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  2. AsheTheHuman

Hey, nice to meet you! Welcome to EC! (*hug*) From this alone, I'd say you're probably androgynous. Do you always feel in between, or do you sometimes feel like a boy and some times like a girl? If you're the first, then it sounds like, yup! You're androgynous. If you're the second or a mix of the two, then you're gender-queer. Of course, these aren't you're only options, and you are free to call yourself whatever you want. That's just what it seems like to me right now. Good luck! <3

3. Kaylen

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    By the sounds of it your either androgynous or gender-queer. You don't sound as though you have any dysphoria, so I'd say gender-queer is more likely, considering you like being a boy.

I'm androgynous and I hate being recognized and discussed as a female, but I also don't want to be male. I think some people are different though - the terms are differently defined by different people :slight_smile: Makes it kind of confusing.

But I definitely think you're gender queer.

4. Fortississimo

Thank you guys for the advice. Now that I've thought this through all the way, I'm surprised I didn't realize that gender queer is the most fitting term. Thanks again. (*hug*)