1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm coming out to my parents soon.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kafei, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Kafei

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure when this will happen, but I keep having this weird feeling that it's going to happen within the next two weeks. It's almost like I'm predicting the future. I don't know how to explain it. Has anyone else experienced something like this before coming out?

I was planning on writing a letter to my mom explaining that I'm trans (she already knows I'm queer) but now I feel like I'm going to be telling her in person. Could I possibly think I'm going to be coming out so soon because I've built up my confidence on coming out?

It also could be that I used to have one very close friend that I wasn't out to, and I planned on coming out to her and then my parents a while after that. Now that I'm out to her, it's possible that I feel rushed to get it over with and come out to my parents. I don't know.

Any advice and/or words of encouragement would be nice. :slight_smile:

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Peraphs you just feel you are almost building enough confidence to come out to them. In that case, good luck! :grin:

3. AsheTheHuman

Well, whatever happens, I wish you luck! And you aren't the only one planning to come out soon. Let's be brave alright? I believe in you! <3

4. Acm

Acm Guest

Good luck!!

5. Jguy365

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am in that same place right now. A few days ago, I wrote a coming out latter to my parents with the intention of giving it to them the next day. I am still hanging onto it and have rewritten it once and might even write it again. Still, though, I feel this pressure inside me that is festering. I just want to do it already...either say it or hand the note over. I am just kind of waiting for the feeling to boil over to the point where I need to do it for my own sanity...but I am as ready as I will ever be. There is never a right or wrong time to come out. There might be times that are better than others, but it will still be hard regardless of when you do it. It seems to me like you are ready.

If you feel like you are rushing it, by all means, slow down. There is no rush to come out. If you feel like you are ready and it needs to be done, though, don't wait. Do it now and get it over with so you can finally start LIVING.--Gosh...I need to learn to eat my own medicine. I know that, when I do it, I will be happier, but I continue to wallow in fear.--

--Oh, I might add that this is my 100th post on Empty Closets. Huzzah!

6. Fruit Topping

I handed my mom a very long letter saying Im gay. I had to stand in front of her so it felt like i was tell her my deepest secret. Other then the weird smiles i got from her it all turned out fine.

7. Abdadhie

So far I've come out to my mum but not dad. Its over pretty quickly and worth doing but only come out when you know that you're ready!

8. CookieCat

Im comng out "soon" too