1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First gay love

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by psybob, Sep 10, 2014.

1. psybob

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have lived practically my entire life as a straight man, I have been married over 30 years with two children (a girl now 34 and a boy who lives with me, 29). Shortly after I divorced, I had a relationship with a woman; this lasted some 5 years until we broke off. For two years I have been completely alone, until some 3 months ago when I met a man I contacted with a Facebook. It was like love at first sight, however questionable this might seem, and started to enjoy intimate meetings immediately. He had a relationship with another man that lasted some 13 years, and at the time we started to meet they were living together; they split off some time afterwards. At the same time, I started my "coming out" process; I told my kids separately of my new relationship, and - up to now - to a friend. However, many difficulties arise during this new stance in my life - I find my new love is a true box of surprises I would like to explain, if possible - and I would appreciate any helping guidelines very much.