1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lost

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by who am I, Apr 29, 2007.

1. who am I

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Need some advice.

I recently told my friends and family that im a dyke, I know that I like most women, but its just the uncertainty that i possible i may l like guys as well, I think I may of rushed in telling everyone, im not sure who i am any more.:bang:

2. Zaurak

I've reasently felt the same way, I've already been out to my parents and friends for quite some time now but I started to have diferent feelings toward women, instead of just guys, now I'm not sure what to think. You can read the last post by me on it, it might help, don't know how many other people have felt like thins, but here it is http://emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1498

3. tinkerbell

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Most homosexuals I know, including myself, often come out to their people who matter first saying they think they like members of the same sex as well as the opposite. Later, they muster enough courage to say they're gay but would feel embarrassed to come out again. My parents quickly figured out I liked only girls, and nobody really makes a big deal out of it. I mean, they totally hit the roof when they discovered Shauna was a Marine, but that's irrelevant....sorry for the rambling. My point: most of us do what you are.

4. I think it's probably true that most people think that once a person has declared herself a lesbian, she can't go back to being straight. But screw what other people think. If you end up falling with a guy, then be w/ that guy. If you don't feel comfortable w/ the label of 'lesbian' or 'dyke' anymore because you're not so sure anymore, then stop using those words to describe yourself. It's okay. You may come across doubters and skeptics along the way, but you can deal w/ them on an as-needed basis.

I know sometimes it just feels better to be able to define ourselves as one thing and to be able to stick to that single definition forever. But it just doesn't work that way for everyone - and that's fine.

5. Zec24

Who am I,

I can definitely relate to your experience. I came out to my parents in November 06 and at the time I told them that I wasn't 100% sure, but that I was fairly certain. Well their constant questioning and "I think its just a phase" comments caused me to second guess myself. Even today I am not 100% sure of my orientation, but I do know that in 21 years of living I have never been sexually attracted to a male. I can appreciate the appearance of a good looking guy, but other than that I have no interest in men as of now. Yet I guess that question will always be in the back of my mind. Will I someday meet a guy that I like? I don't know, and for me that is scary. I could not stand having to go back to my parents and say, "well I was wrong". However, I do not regret talking to them about this issue, it certainly helped me to voice the feelings I had been having for quite a while. I've only come out to about 6 people (my parents, my grandmother, my sister and my 2 best friends) and that is the way I will most likely keep it until I feel a little more sure on my sexuality. I guess thats the frustrating part, not being sure. I am not sure how old you are, but for me I would have thought that at 21 I'd have figured this out. Anyways, the only advice I have (and the advice I am trying to follow) is to be patient and let life run its course. I know that sounds cliche and stupid, but its all I can see working in this situation.

Sorry this turned into quite a long reply. Anyways, good luck and welcome to the forums.