1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not as out as I thought I was...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by wanderinggirl, Sep 10, 2014.

1. wanderinggirl

Friends and immediate family know. I think the next step is my domestic extended family.

I see my extended family once a year, on Thanksgiving. All of my cousins are older than I am, with kids, so we aren't very close. So I'm wondering if I need to/should come out to them or just drop a bunch of hints until it's not a big deal anymore and everyone just assumes the gayest of me.

They'd all be accepting, so that's not an issue. I just feel uncomfortable talking about it, or making anything about me. Any advices?

2. joe1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you feel a bit overwhelmed by all the people you have to come out to, then just come out to them one at a time. When I came out I just Facebook messaged my cousins and talked to them about it. You can also have your relatives tell other relatives for you if you don't want to have to do it all yourself. Personally I don't see coming out as something you have to do, it's something that every one person will do whenever they feel comfortable doing so. Take as much time as you want, it's really up to you on finding a good time to come out.