I thought I could just forget it...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RedFireFly, Sep 11, 2014.

1. RedFireFly

(CLICHE WARNING)
    Hello, I've been really stressed these last 3-4 weeks, and I have a hard time concentrating while for example being in class...
    The reason is that I admitted to myself this summer that I'm in love with my best friend (I'll just call him Bob here) after one and a half year of thinking.

I always said to myself that if I ever found out that I was gay, I would just ignore until it 'was over'.
    Wich I tried, until recently I've been frustrated, stressed, and sometimes while doing stuff(chores etc) I would just randomly stop and bury my face in my hands.
    I understand now that I can't keep this up, or I'll end up like Tweek from South Park.
    But, most of my friends are homophobes, especially the guy sitting next to Bob in class. However, everytime I see Bob with someone else my stomach 'twists', and I yell "DON'T TOUCH HIM!!" in my head...

I'm happy with any help I get

#1 RedFireFly, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  2. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think your main problem is that you need to learn to accept yourself. I don't think I should be telling you how, since I struggle with that myself, so here's a helpful page - 3 Ways to Accept That You Are Gay - wikiHow

You're definitely not alone though. I have a huge crush on my straight best friend and it is driving me insane. :tears: :icon_sad:

3. SevenDevils

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Coming out is different to everyone, but coming out to yourself can often be the hardest part. When I was 17 I had a similar experience, where I figured out that I had been into a friend of mine for a long time, and I could no longer deny my sexual orientation. You'll get there eventually. Just remember that the most important person here is you. Not Bob, not Bob's friends, not your friends. You don't have to tell anyone anything you're not comfortable with - you don't owe them anything! There's no point in worrying about others accepting you until you have fully accepted yourself and become comfortable enough in your identity that their opinions don't even really matter :slight_smile:

4. alexlove

alexlove Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    tastetherainBow

5. RedFireFly

Thank you for all your feedback :slight_smile:

Mariaaa: thanks, I'll definatly check it out! And good luck with your crush as well

SevenDevils: Thank you. I know now that I'm gonna have to be fully sure before telling anyone.

Alexlove: Where'd you find that quote? XD