1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to little kids?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by final, Sep 12, 2014.

1. final

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I kind of have a weird problem here. I am a genderqueer individual with a biological female body. Most places don't have genderneutral bathrooms so I always end up using the female bathroom. I was washing my hands the other day in a Target, and a little girl in the bathroom with her mom pointed at me and said "pretty lady!" I smiled back, sort of uncomfortably, and left quickly. I was flattered by the "pretty"... not so much by the "lady" part. What I want to know from you guys is should I tell little kids about my gender? I'm not sure if they would really understand, and I don't want any parents to get angry at me, but it does make me uncomfortabe. Opinions?

2. Fruit Topping

Most kids just dont understand. You can try to explain it to them but its exhausting i have been there.

3. ffxii

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Would there really be a point in explaining to little kids such things? I think you don't have to do it, but if you feel a need for doing so, then feel free. :slight_smile: