1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

come out to mum a mess

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by out4now, Sep 12, 2014.

1. out4now

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok I came out to my mum 3 years ago. The think is I know I messed up because I kind of tried to soften the "blow" by telling her that I wanted to stay true to my faith :eusa_liar and it actullay worked because she was way cooler than what I thought she would be.

So my family is christian and of course I grew up just following their path - but that's not what I want to talk about.

Now because of my idiotic and cowardly comments I made that day, she thinks that I will have a life with a guy and she thinks it's a phase damn it! At least I think that's what she thinks.

A few weeks ago we were in my car and somehow our topic turned to marriage (great). My sisters are all straight and married or in a long-term relationship and she was like "next one to bring a boy home is you" and I just didn't say anything. Of course my sister (who was with us) just LHFAO cause she knows that's not gonna happen.

All my sisters know that this is not a phase, when I came out to them I made sure they understood that. With my mum it was different because I know how she feels about gay people.

Since I told her I was gay she became more open to discussions, like I can tell her about my crush without her going bat-shit crazy on me but she always goes back to religion and how I need to work trough it and pray and whatever.

I need to get things straight (pun-intended:wink:) with her because I'm at a point in my life where I really want to get out there and date/meet women (I've never been with anyone) but I know this is going to hurt her.

This sucks :help:

2. Fruit Topping

Just sit her down and tell her it's not a phase. My parent went through the same thing and I had to sit her down and have an over 2 hour talk telling her it's not a phase. And that one day i plan to marry a wonderful girl.