1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How or should I come out to my parents?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by iHeartYouu, Sep 13, 2014.

1. iHeartYouu

I sort lf question my sexuality in the past two years, when i start to take a liking on one of my class mates. I just findd her so attractive, so different from other girls. I get that kind of feeling like butterflys in my stomach when Im around her, no one had made me felt like that before, and I want to be with her in a romantic and sexual way. I told my mum that I find that a class mate of mine is very pretty, and I always caught myself smiling when I'm talking or thinking about her. My mum seems to notice and told me that I cant like girls. Its wrong. Im not sure if im bisexual but I know that part of me is a lesbian. I have never liked or have a crush on a guy before, but I have with girls. I want to come out to my parents that I'm definetely not straight. How should i do that? Or should I come out? Or wait when I'm older and more certain before coming out?

2. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  3. soulcatcher

Your mum sounds prejudiced and ignorant. Do not come out to her until you're older and more certain.

4. BethLauren

How old are you? You mentioned class mates so I'd assumed quite young. If there's no way for you to care and provide for yourself if your mum has a bad reaction, I would wait until you're 100% certain you can keep yourself safe, as you don't want to find yourself stuck in an uncomfortable or unsafe home situation.