1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overemotional rantings of 6 years past

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GuitarGirl1350, Apr 29, 2007.

1. GuitarGirl1350

Okay. I don't know how long this is going to take to type out.

I had this friend Christopher since I was very, very young. Diapers young. Every happy memory of my childhood lies with him. His family was mine. I spent many nights sleeping over there and being joyful with his brother and mother who I embraced as my own. We were so very close, the kind of kids who would tell each other everything.
    One day everything changed.
    He moved away (he used to live next door to me) and invited me to his brother's party at his new house. We were 10 then. I went, overjoyed to finally see him again. (A few weeks is long when you're 10!) However, he spent most of the party impressing his new friends. He was showing off his video games and legos and all that, ignoring me. I was the only old friend at the party and I was clearly out of place. I felt like I didn't belong, which was nothing I had ever felt about Christopher's family or home before. This was the first time in my life that I knew true abandonment and a hurt that deep. This sounds horrible, but my father's death has not impacted me as much as this day. I wasn't old enough to understand about his new friends. All I knew was I felt in the way and ignored. By my best friend in the world.

I spent the rest of the party with his dog.
    Pathetic, eh?
    I felt like Daisy understood me better. I always preferred animals to humans anyway.

Anyway, after that day, I was mad and hurt at Christopher. I decided I'd never speak to him again, which I know at 10 generally means for 5 minutes...

I haven't heard from him since.

I regret every day of my life that I haven't kept in touch. That I threw away my best friend like he was a peice of rubbish on the side of the road.

I remember everything about him. I won't get into details but...

What do I do? Try to find him, or go on with my regrets?

2. SpikySpice

Hello Guitargirl

I think you should try to find him and talk to him again, Because you will regret more if you just keep on doiing the same thing now, he was one of your best friend, right, and you did have lots of good time nest to him

I know he hurt you a lot, and made you feel lonely, but just give him a chance
    He was just having fun, he was just a young boy, and he easily be distracted wen all the fun came to him, and taht was his party, right.

I think you should think, and do the thing that make you feel better now, and don't let yourself regrets you anymore, if you still like him alot

The reason that he ignored you was taht it's been a long time he talked to you, and if you and him talked again, the feelings will come back

Ps: I'm sorry about your father's death, I just know this

3. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Jack,

I agree with Spiky, I would try to find him again. That has happened to me too, so I know how it feels. However, remember that he might not be as interested in you as he used to be. Time has passed, and time erases faces and memories. You have to remember that.

But maybe, the encounter might be great.

I didn't know about your dad, I'm really sorry to hear that. It made me sad, even more than the story itself.

Take care,
    Fred.

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Find your friend. I'll steal a quote from the PFLAG Stay Close campaign: Relationships are too precious to lose.

5. GuitarGirl1350

thanks to all of you =]

6. SpikySpice

Hello there, I just want to let you know that, friendship is one of the treassureast thing in the worl, and we have to do anything to keep them, and another thing is always give yourself and others the second chance, so you dont have to regret

7. jman77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    contact him again for sure! trust me not doing it hurts more my mom told me one thing that i will never forget... once a friend always a friend. but of course there are exceptions but yea do it i have lost some that i wish i would of contacted earlier and probably should talk to