1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should i come out to my parents

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by CookieCat, Sep 13, 2014.

1. CookieCat

I am 13 y old, pansexual and genderfluid, i want to come out to my parents. I just dont know if they will accept it or not. My parents are atheist and have some gay friends ((no not-cis people tho))

2. Abdadhie

I think that there are things you need to consider before coming out to your parents. Will they kick you out? Will they Support your decision? Will they try to change you with therapy? Coming out is something you do only when you're ready. Pansexuality and Genderfluid are things you may need to explain to your family. It sounds like they except homosexuality but I can't tell. Its hard for people online to judge whether you should come out. Good luck mate and remember that coming out is your call! Don't let others pressure you into it!

3. ffxii

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In my opinion you should give yourself some time, don't rush with coming out to parents. It's something that drags lots of consequences, sometimes good, but sometimes bad. You don't have to tell them since it won't be suspicious and it might be that they don't even know what pansexual actually means. You might want to ask them what do they think about LGBT people and see how they'll respond, they will probably ask you if you're gay/bisexual, but you can tell them you're not (you won't be lying, since you're pansexual).

4. Wolf of The Baltic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dear friend

These two gents have said some good things. One thing to note is to brace yourself for the worst. It's one thing you can do

5. CookieCat