1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ThatQueerWizard, Sep 14, 2014.

1. ThatQueerWizard

One of the main reasons I joined was that just by looking through the threads, I already found other people who felt the same as I did. I'm not really sure if I am bisexual or just straight and "pretending". The reason I say this is because I am 100% sure I'm not gay simply based on the fact that I've always been attracted to girls but recently since I've actually started feeling more and more aware of my sexual attractions, I've started to look at certain guys in the same way. Its not all guys all the time its just sometimes when I see a specific guy I've thought that they were really good looking. At first I denied any of it because if my EXTREMELY homophobic parents and upbringing but recently I've started warming up to the idea. I'm 80 percent sure I'm bi but I just wanted to know if anyone felt the same way and how you figured out how you "feel" just to give me some reassurance in myself.

2. Ex Ponto

I totally get your position.

I was denying the possibility that I could like guys event though I did. Eventually, after years of struggling, I came out to myself.

However, the process of figuring out your sexual identity is all but easy. In my case, it just happened at one point in my life. I realized what my preferences were and accepted them. It happened after years of questioning, but one step at a time, I came to realize my nature.

However, I was too afraid to experiment with a guy and see do I like it in practice, or it was just my fantasy. It should also be pointed out that my environment is not gay or bi friendly, so it's not easy to find someone. :/ Maybe if I had tried it before, I would have sooner realized what my nature was, i.e. I would have had the answer to question about my sexuality.

Maybe you should try it and see if it suits you.

However, at the age of 15 you could just be curious about guys. A lot of straight people go through the questioning phase, just like gay and bi people. Being 15 I was also questioning myself, but couldn't find an answer until I was years older. :slight_smile:

3. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I understand how you feel, I went through a lot of confusion. I was always attracted to guys but there was always a sense of doubt. I had this doubt for 6 years, before I did anything about it. I then had a feeling I couldn't hide anymore and I accidentally came out while drunk. I then spent a month questioning before I just got a feeling that I was in fact Bi. When I got the feeling, I started shaking. I shook from 21:00 to 15:00. I don't even know how I managed to sleep that night.

4. ThatQueerWizard

"It should also be pointed out that my environment is not gay or bi friendly, so it's not easy to find someone. :/ Maybe if I had tried it before, I would have sooner realized what my nature was, i.e. I would have had the answer to question about my sexuality.

Maybe you should try it and see if it suits you."

The area I live in is sortof the same and im sure that if i did, people would then think im some demon or whatever but ill just wait and observe and maybe itll just become clearer after a while. Thanks for the advice :slight_smile:

5. Ex Ponto

You're welcome. :slight_smile:

Don't let this question block you from performing everyday activities, it will sort out eventually. Sorry to hear that your area is similar to mine. :frowning2: