1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out to a close friend(and i have a crush on him)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by oscarneedslove, Sep 15, 2014.

1. oscarneedslove

I don't know how it happened. We were just chatting on skype and I told him. The worst part is I had a huge crush on him. Then I asked him "can I tell you one more thing?" and started saying "I had" and he completed my sentence "crush on me?" He knew that OMG I feel bad and good at the same time. He really reacted well and promised me that it wouldn't hurt our friendship and he would support me to find a boyfriend because he wouldn't want me to be unhappy. I don't know. Is he really bi? I don't know. I don't wanna loose our friendship and I just want to stay as friends. He might be the only support for me during my coming out process but I still have feelings. I am having hard time to control.
    It was really hard and I don't know why I told him. He is a straight guy and he has a girlfriend but then he told me he also questioned himself if he was bi. Please someone help me. :tears:

2. Rainbows~Exist

Sadly that's not enough evidence to go on to suggest he's bi. You said he questioned himself but as he refers to the past tense "questioned" then it is likely that he has already questioned himself and determined he is straight judging by what you have said. But, there is always a possibility however in this instance I wouldn't pursue it. Just enjoy your friendship. He seems like a good guy and you will get over him in the future if he's just a 'crush'.

3. oscarneedslove

When I think logically that is what I decided. I really don't want to loose his friendship. But when I see his pictures on my cell phone I start to cry again. :tears::tears: Today at work I had really hard time and went to an empty restroom to vent and cry.
    I am extremely lonely and he supported me last two years as he was almost the only friend I had. I used to live in southwest but moved to east coast a few months ago. I started to miss him so badly. Maybe that was the reason I told him.

4. oscarneedslove

I think I did the right thing to tell him my feelings. He has been supporting me during my coming out process and he reacted nicely to me when I told him that I had a crush on him. He even feels sorry about me. I really really want to keep our friendship because it is really hard to meet such an open minded person with such a beautiful heart.
    But I really don't know how I will be able get over my huge crush on him. I still love him so badly. Please guys, tell me how did you manage to do it?:icon_sad:

5. GrumpyOldLady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've always found that time, writing sappy love songs (or pursuing a hobby of your choice), and spending time with/dating other people helped a lot.

6. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Time, and the next crush, heals all wounds. :wink:

7. Candace

I don't think that that is enough information to reach a conclusion about whether or not he's bi. Remember that there are plenty of cute guys out there and think...in a few months, you'll find someone else that wants you just as bad and you'll forget all about this guy. I only hope for the best :slight_smile: